January 16, 2015
First Call Jewel has been South-East Idaho’s electrical service company for over 60 years. We take pride in our work and continue to provide all of our customers with fast and reliable service. In addition to doing panel upgrades, like the picture, we install whole house generators, re-wire homes, change electrical outlets, add a breaker, we can do it all. Electrical malfunctions account for more than 10% of fatal home fires, many of those fires due to untrained individuals doing complicated electrical repairs. Other causes of electrical malfunctions are caused by faulty wiring, improper grounding, aging wiring, dated electrical panels etc. Electrical repairs should always be left to the professionals who have been trained and received their license by completing the required hours learning about electrical repairs and the way electrical circuitry works. In the event you choose not to hire a professional for your electrical needs; here are some safety tips, from the ESFi, help keep you and your family safe.
- Learn about your home electrical system.
- Never try to do a repair that you know is beyond your skill level.
- Always turn off the power to the circuit you are going to work on at the main panel.
- Unplug appliances before working on them.
- Never touch other pipes or outlets when performing your own electrical repair.
- When in doubt, stop immediately and call a professional.